Welcome to 4th Grade
My husband and I are involved in the Growing Kids God's Way parenting curriculum series. GKGW is at the core of my parenting and teaching philosophies. If would like to learn more about it, please feel free to chat with me. I love sharing this common sense approach to parenting with other people.
She is married to Mr. Horvath who teaches Religion at Lutheran High North. They have a daughter and a son, both who are students at Immanuel. Mrs. Horvath's mom is a retired teacher from whom she learned the love of teaching. Since she attended school with her mom from birth, Mrs. Horvath has been going at school all of her life, and loves to learn more daily.
- Michigan Science Center - Friday, December 14
- Macomb Symphony Orchestra - Wednesday, March 13
- Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village alternating years - Greenfield Village Tuesday, May 28
Fourth Grade Choir Schedule 2018-2019
4th Grade Choir sings Sun., Oct. 7 8:00 AM
4th Grade Choir sings Wed., Dec. 5 6:30 PM
4th Grade Choir sings Sun., Feb. 24 8:00 AM
4th Grade Choir sings Wed. Apr. 10 4:00 PM
4th Grade Choir sings Sun. May 19 9:30 AM
4th Grade Choir & Recorders perform at Immanuel’s Spring Concert Thurs., May 23 7:00 PM
Curriculum - 4th Grade
Math - Place Value, Multidigit Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication wth Whole Numbers, Division with Whole Numbers, Equations with Word Problems, Measurement, Fraction Concepts and Operations, Fractions and Decimals, and Geometry.
- Reading - Comprehension, Vocabulary, Study Skills, and Phonics taught through a variety of children's literature.
- English/Writing - Curriculum is divided into 2 major sections. The first section discusses grammar, usage, and mechanics. Students will learn about the sentence, nouns, verbs, adjectives, capitalization, punctuation, pronouns, adverbs, and prepositions. The second section deals with writing, listening, speaking, and reading. Students will write their own personal narrative using the steps of the writing process. Students will also demonstrate writing abilities in instructions, research reports, opinions, and persuasions.
- Spelling - Patterned, grade-appropriate lessons including proofreading, writing, and vocabulary activities.
- Handwriting - Continued mastery of the cursive alphabet (also incorporated into daily lessons).
Social Studies - Our Country's Regions, Economics, Citizenship, Geography, Government, History, Current Issues, and Culture.
Science - A variety of topics including Living Things, Earth and its Resources, Weather and Space, Matter, and Forces and Energy.
Physical Education - Skills, physical fitness.
Current Events - A weekly periodical is used to keep students updated on U.S. and world news.
Media Center - Computer time is used to foster keyboarding skills, software navigation skills, basic technology terminology (including hardware) and Internet awareness.
Music - Music theory, history, listening awareness, and recorder playing skills.
Choir - Proper vocal technique, introduction to sight-singing, participation in worship services and concerts
Art - The fourth grade program includes drawing technique, and exposure to a variety of art medium, art appreciation, the seven elements of art, and cultural/historical projects.