Immanuel offers a wide variety of supplementary programs to enhance academic success and social development. Through these programs our students have opportunities for challenge, achievement, and recognition for their exceptional God-given gifts.
Hearts for Jesus
Each winter we partner with many other Lutheran schools in the Michigan District to support selected ministries. Students learn about a need and we find creative ways to engage the students in each project.
- The Student Council members are elected by their homeroom classmates in early September.
- A monthly meeting is held with the administration of the school to discuss ways to improve the school, build school spirit, plan service projects, and to bring the concerns of the students to the principal.
- A monthly bagel sale by the Student Council is held to raise funds to purchase an item each year that will enhance the learning environment of the school for all students.
Fine Arts (6th-8th Grade)
- Ensemble Choir
- Advanced Band
- Intro to Forensic Science
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Advanced Computers
- World News
- Music Appreciation
- Design/Creative Media
- Advanced Art
- Life Skills
- Money Matters
Boater's Safety (7th Grade)
Our Students Give Back
An education at Immanuel extends beyond the physical walls of the school building. It is important for students to learn to serve their community in Macomb, across the country, and around the world. Our students find ways to serve in a variety of ways -
Service Projects during National Lutheran Schools Week
- Visit nursing home and play bingo with seniors
- Visit and play games with adults with disabilities at SRI
- Visit area schools to read books and play games with students with special needs
- Collect items for care packages for our military overseas
- Collect books for children in foster care
- Our 1st grade visits Church of Christ Nursing Home each year to sing and share gifts
- Our preschool - 8th grade collects food items for Immanuel's Food Pantry, especially our Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets.
- Our choirs sing to our senior citizen members and senior citizens from the Rose Senior Living Center each month.
- Our 5th grade students pack the Easter eggs for our annual Easter Egg Hunt
D.A.R.E (5th Grade)
School Play - Our 7th and 8th grade students put on a production each year complete with setting, costumes, and a backstage crew.
Plays and Musicals - Our lower elementary puts on a play on a rotating basis which includes multiple grades.
Visit our Teacher Pages for our current field trip plans.